The Tempest 40 is lighter, nimbler and more comfortable than ever. With an updated AirScape™ backpanel to keep you dry, a continuous hipbelt wrap and suspension system that stabilizes loads incredibly well for dynamic activities, this is your go to for lightweight backpacking, day hikes and more.
Simpler is often better, and if you prefer going light and moving fast in the woods, mountains and beyond, the Tempest 40 is the pack for you. 40L of capacity is perfect for committing day hikes and lightweight multi-day trips. Ventilated and comfortable, the women's specific BioStretch™ harness and continuous wrap hipbelt combine with a fiberglass frame to create an incredibly stable carry system that hugs your body so you can stay balanced on the trail, ridge or peak. Osprey designers updated the AirScape™ backpanel to use less material and glue while making it more breathable to keep you cool on hot days.
When uphills turn technical, our Stow-on-the-Go™ trekking pole carry system keeps your hands free for upward movement. Zippered hipbelts, side stretch mesh pockets with dual access, a harness pocket, and top-lid storage provide all the organization you need.
- Stow-on-the-go™ trekking pole attachment.
- Top lid and pocket: floating removable top-lid with zippered slash pocket.
- Removable sleeping pad straps.
- Zippered sleeping bag access.
- Side pockets.
- Shove it pocket: large stretch mesh front panel pocket.
- Hydration sleeve: external hydration sleeve.
- Hipbelt pockets: two zippered hipbelt pockets.
- Stretch mesh harness slash pocket.
- Dual ice tool loops with bungee tie-offs: floating removable top-lid with zippered slash pocket.
- Top-loader access to main compartment.
- Under top-lid zippered mesh pocket.
- Lower insideout™ compression/carry straps.
- Fabrics: MAIN 70D x 100D Nylon Mini Shadow Brick | ACCENT 420HD Nylon Packcloth | BOTTOM 420HD Nylon Packcloth.
- Load range: 12 - 18 kg.
|Weight||XS/S: 1.03kg -- S/M: 1.08kg|
|Volume||XS/S: 38L -- S/M: 40L|