Extremely versatile and tough GORE-TEX mountain shell combining lightweight 40 Denier fabric with 70 Denier reinforcements in high abrasion areas and a helmet compatible hood and articulated arms. The Ajax Jacket is ideal for climbers, mountaineers and mountain walkers looking for a no-nonsense, uncompromising waterproof shell jacket.
- Articulated arms for high reach movement, tailored specifically to prevent hem lift.
- Dropped back hem for enhanced weather protection.
- Fully adjustable 3 point hood designed to fit comfortably with a helmet.
- Adjustable face aperture with internal cord exits.
- Rear hood volume compression for a close fit around head.
- Stiffened hood peak gives stability and wired edge allows adjustability.
- Tall collar offers storm protection to the face.
- Internal elastic loop and hook on rear hood compression drawcord allows hood to be rolled down and stowed away whilst not in use in windy conditions.
- Two map-sized A-line hand pockets with YKK matte AquaGuard® zips positioned clear of a backpack hip belt or climbing harness.
- Zipped chest pocket with YKK matte AquaGuard®, designed to fit GPS or mobile phone without bounce during movement.
- Ergonomic lightweight zip pullers make use easier when wearing gloves.
- Full length YKK matte AquaGuard® front zip that is highly water resistant.
- Internal storm guard behind centre front zip with press stud to secure hem and prevent further weather entry.
- Roll over chinguard lined with brushed fine microfleece for comfort next to the mouth and chin.
- Ergonomic centre front zip pullers for ease of use when wearing gloves.
- Elbow darts to improve articulation.
- Shaped easy to use cuffs with adjustable hook and loop tabs for a close fit around wrists or gloves.
- Adjustable hem with cinchable drawcord, easy to use cordlocks, and excess cord management system.
- Rear external Montane hang loop.
- Sizing information - size chart.
Construction + Materials
- Constructed from lightweight 40 Denier GORE-TEX® combined with tough 70 Denier GORE-TEX® in high abrasion areas where a pack, harness or rope impacts on the shoulders, upper arms and waist.
- Durable Water Repellency (DWR) for effective water shedding.
- 12 – 13 stitch count per inch on all seams versus a typical industry average of 8, creating a tight, clean and strong seam.
- 3mm seam allowance throughout.
Find out more about Gore-Tex Garment technology
|Recommended Use||backpacking, mountaineering|