The Featherlite™ is a performance summer backpacking sleeping bag. It has a tailored anatomical form, an uncompromised construction and uses high quality materials. Its technical features and micro pack size make it perfect for any summer mountain explorer for whom weight and comfort at the day’s end are critical to the venture. Just as MONTANE® Featherlite™ clothing has defined a whole ‘fast and light’ category, this sleeping bag has become an indispensable and classic piece of kit.
- Outer and inner anatomically designed shape tapers around lower legs and curves around shoulders.
¾ length YKK VISLON® zip that is angled away from the shoulder to prevent body contact whilst user is sleeping on side and allow easier access from inside.
- Fine microfleece facings and roll over hook and loop closure flap at top of YKK zip for extra comfort.
- Two way YKK VISLON® zip enables lower access or ventilation whilst zip is drawn up and also allows sleeping bag to be opened out to aid airing and drying.
- Locking zip heads to avoid unexpected zip opening.
- Glow in the dark zip pulls for easier night time location without head torch.
- Single volume baffles behind YKK zip.
- Flipper shaped foot box in lower leg area tapering from knees to ankles which helps reduce cold spots. Specifically tailored to cater for upright foot position.
- 3-D shaped hood design based on years of MONTANE® clothing construction experience, in particular the award-winning technical mountaineering jacket hood design.
- Hood shaping to prevent down migration and to limit cold spots.
- Split, colour coded face drawcords to control and adjust volume individually around upper and lower face. Drawcords easily accessed from inside the sleeping bag.
- Soft brushed microfleece inner next to chin and mouth area.
- Underside of sleeping bag features non-slip silicone MONTANE® roundels to help grip sleeping mat or bivvy bag.
- Foot box hang loops for storage and drying.
- Internal stretch mesh water bottle pocket on right hand side.
- Internal pocket on left hand side with concealed YKK zip for storage of MP3, mobile phone, GPS etc.
- Includes MONTANE® cotton storage bag and dry bag.
- Dry bag storage doubles as a pillow whilst stuffed with clothing and features a non-slip silicone roundel for extra grip. Features pull handle on base.
- Dry bag shape differs from traditional tub stuff sacs; constructed with a packable shape and to fit more easily in packs.
Construction + Materials
- Shell fabric is PERTEX® Quantum Rip-stop that is exceptionally lightweight, breathable and features a durable water repellency.
- PEAQ Down lining that is comfortable next to the skin, highly breathable and fast drying.
- 190g of 90/10 high quality down at 750+ fill power, certified non live plucked and non force fed.
- Offset vertical baffles across chest to prevent cold spots.
- Horizontal baffles around lower legs and feet.
|Comfort Temperature Rating||9 °C|
|Lower Limit Temperature Rating||5 °C|
|Extreme Temperature Rating||-8 °C|
|Bag Weight||860 g|
|Fill weight||190 g|
|Fill Material||90/10 high quality duck down at 750+ fill power|
|Outer Material||PERTEX® Quantum Rip-stop|
|Max User Height||-|
|Season Rating||1 - 2 season|
|Suggested Use||hiking, trekking, backpacking|
|Compression Bag Supplied||yes|