Perfect for done-in-a-day ascents or overnight adventures, the compact, lightweight Featherlite Alpine 35 backpack features everything you need but not a gram more without compromising on features or performance.
Its climbing specific design offers a unique dual wide mouth asymmetric opening providing superior protection for your gear, whilst an integrated shoulder strap and lower compression stabilises loads when on the move. It can pack into its own lid for use as a secondary /summit pack and weighs an incredible 747g. The Featherlite™ Alpine 35 will give you the edge on tough, challenging ascents.
- Minimal seams increase strength and reduce weight.
- Tapered slim-line shape for excellent stability and unrestricted movement.
- Pack shape is specifically engineered to allow for unrestricted head movement whilst wearing a climbing helmet.
- Entire pack stuffs away into its own lid for use as a secondary or summit pack.
- Minimalist snow shedding, shell friendly back system fabric for weight saving simplicity.
- Pre-curved foam pad back system provides structure and cushioning whilst carrying heavy loads.
- Foam pad back system can be removed to save weight or for use as a bivvy mat.
- Shoulder straps have been specifically engineered for climbers to allow unrestricted movement when reaching and stretching during climbs.
- Perforated shoulder straps for excellent ventilation and comfort with a central strap spine for structural integrity.
- Top tension straps allow pack weight to pull closer to the body and control pack stability.
- Chest harness with off-centre buckle which reduces bulk across the sternum and is easy to use with gloves or mitts.
- Unique elasticated chest strap allows for unrestricted breathing during exertion.
- Chest and hip gear loops on either side for clipping spare hardware essentials whilst on the move.
- Raised harness compatible waist belt system.
- Minimal hip fins can be adjusted for optimum fit and include perforated foam padding for ventilation and improved load carrying comfort.
- Removable hip belt for further weight reduction and to prevent interference with a climbing harness.
- Metal ‘quick release’ waist belt fastening.
- Unique dual wide mouth asymmetric opening system provides an innovative secure closure with no central ingress points for weather entry to deliver superior protection for gear.
- Dual wide mouth asymmetric opening system offers an excellent weather protective seal when the lid is tucked away inside the main pack body for enhanced versatility when climbing.
- ‘Cord Lord Lite’ quick release mechanism.
- External top lid storage pocket that is back facing for safe, easy access by a climbing buddy whilst on a route.
- Internal security pocket featuring vertical upside down zippered entry preventing coin and key loss.
- Integrated shoulder strap and lower compression straps for simple, intuitive compression and load carrying stability.
- Top single hand side compression straps offer effective compression and help provide additional stability.
- Space saving efficient top lid front pull allowing for good vertical pack compression.
- Internal top compression over mouth opening for secure rope storage.
- Minimalist technical ice axe attachment points.
- Tools can be attached and accessed quickly when moving quickly.
- Tough metal components where required.
- Front central grab handle that is easy to use with gloves or mitts.
- H2O top right tube opening and arm harness tube attachment point.
Construction + Materials
- Constructed from 100 Denier triple rip-stop RAPTOR Featherlite™ fabric in the main body which features an improved strength to weight ratio through the use of Robic™ filaments. It also benefits from a specially enhanced PU coating that increases abrasion resistance and tear strength.
- RAPTOR Resistance panels for additional abrasion resistance where required.
- Shoulder straps and hip fins feature CONTACT Air Mesh Plus for all day comfort and a quick dry time.
- GRANITE STRETCH skirt lid side panels give a clean fabric hugging lid closure.
- Super lightweight HALO lining fabric has a 1m hydrostatic head and offers additional protection to contents.