BIG SKY CHINOOK 2P TENT
Roomy freestanding design with two side doors and two vestibules for easy access and gear storage. Optional 3 or 4 seasons. Read more
The Big Sky Chinook 2P is the most versatile four season tent on the market. The Chinook can be used with 2 poles in a traditional dome configuration, or with 3 poles for four season stability. Weighing in at 1.823 kg in "4-Season mode", this is one of the lightest four season tents on the market, and when you remove the third pole the weight drops substantially, giving you a light weight solution for summer camping.
Like the Revolution, the Chinook uses an exoskeleton pole configuration, letting the inner and fly stay together for fast pitching exposing the inner to the rain. For those counting grams, the inner can be left at home, leaving the fly and footprint as a spacious yet minimalist solution. Available in a choice of two inners (Mesh and breathable fabric), the Chinook is truly unique in its category, and is our recommended choice for the Tasmanian mountains.
- 3 poles creates a very storm worthy design. High strength to weight ratio.
- Can be used with 2 poles to save weight.
- Double wall construction to prevent condensation inside.
- Exoskeleton design (3 poles on outside).
- Pole clip design for very fast and easy setup and take down.
- Interior buckles to outer shell for one piece setup/take down.
- Two top vents on vestibules for cross ventilation.
- Large no claustrophobic interior with high ceiling.
- Large side doors for easy entry and exit.
- 2 interior options:
-- Mesh Netting interior for extra ventilation.
-- Breathable Fabric interior for more warmth and to keep spindrift and sand from blowing in.
Note: Breathable Fabric interior has mesh netting window on each door with zippered flap.
- Four interior pockets.
- Two large vestibules; each with a zippered door. Vestibule size: 0.86 sq m + 0.86 sq m (9.2 sq ft + 9.2 sq ft).
- Want even lighter weight? Leave the 3rd pole at home to save 225g.
- Highest quality components.
- World class quality.
- Ready to go out of the box; seam sealed where necessary at the factory.
- Peak hight: 107 cm.
- Interior dimensions: 230 x 135 x 120 cm.
- Weight: 1.823kg for SuprSilTM outer, Breathable Fabric inner, non-slip, seam taped floor, and 3 x 4-Seasons 9mm aluminum poles (rev. A-5).
- 1.772kg for 2Door SuprSilTM shell, Mesh Netting interior, and 4-Seasons DAC NSL 9mm aluminum poles (rev. B)
- Compression stuff sack included.
|Weight (Packed)||1.823 kg (Breathable Fabric) | 1.772 kg (Mesh Netting)|
|Packed Size||46 cm x 16 cm|
|Fabric (Outer)||SuprSil™ 1500mm|
|Fabric (Floor)||SuprSil™ 3000mm|
|Fabric (Inner)||Mesh Netting (3 Season) or Breathable Fabric (4 Season)|
|Season Rating||4 season (with breathable nylon inner)|
|Poles||9mm 4-Season aluminium poles|
|Number of Doors|
|Pole Material and Diameters|