BIG AGNES COPPER SPUR HV 3 EXPEDITION TENT
The Copper Spur Expedition HV 3 person is a sturdy four season, free standing, mountaineering tent. Read more
You want the baddest tent at base camp? Pitch a Copper Spur HV Expedition and get ready to host other campers when the wind crushes their tent and yours is still standing. This is a beefed up, burly addition to the award-winning Copper Spur HV series and includes a sturdy DAC NSL pole system, steep walls for maximum living space, nylon zip-up option for complete closure, and two doors/two vestibules for easy tent life and optimum gear storage. A lightweight, totally bomber addition to your quiver, this one goes when the tough get going.
- Based on the features of the best-selling, award-winning Copper Spur HV UL tents, the Copper Spur HV Expedition is a beefed up, take-anywhere version ready for the toughest conditions on the planet.
- Four-way high-volume hub design increases strength and useable interior volume.
- Large diameter poles and bomber architecture handle mountain winds and snow load.
- Two doors featuring widows with two closure options: mesh only for ventilation, or zip up the nylon layer for complete closure.
- Dual-zipper door is smooth closing and the discrete seam design creates a clean, modern aesthetic.
- Dual-zipper door allows for easy entry. Use only one zipper for quick reach-through access.
- Quick Stash door keeper on tent body door makes stowing unzipped door quick and easy.
- Proprietary random ripstop pattern nylon provides maximum durability.
- Durable polyester high tenacity rip-stop with exceptional tear strength, UV resistance and stability during temperature and moisture fluctuations, making it ideal for high altitude conditions.
- Full breathable nylon body adds an extra layer of protection against the elements.
- Large closable ceiling window/vent provides venting as well as optional storage space.
- Media pockets located above sleeping area enable clean earbud cord routing from phones or other devices.
- One fly vent for increased airflow and reduced condensation.
- Low Vent feature on the vestibule doors for more airflow while still providing vestibule coverage.
- Velcro tabs connect fly to pole structure providing perfect pitch and extra stability.
- Ready to pitch; with pre-cut Dyneema guy lines and tensioners attached to fly.
- Dual, equalized Dyneema guylines for added stability and strength in high winds.
- Reflective guylines and webbing on tent corners improves visibility.
- Interior guy loops lets you really brace for extremely windy conditions.
- Easy grip zipper pulls and glove-friendly toggles and buckles.
- To extend the life of your tent floor we recommend using a Big Agnes footprint - sold separately.
- Multiple interior loops for use with gear lofts or for attaching other accessories.
Construction + Materials
- Fly is Dominico® undyed polyester ripstop made with high tenacity yarns which increase tear strength by 20-25% over standard nylon or polyester ripstop fabrics. Also provides high UV resistance and stability during temperature and moisture fluctuations, allowing for a solid and stable pitched tent.
- Fly is silicone-treated with 1200mm waterproof polyurethane coating plus an additional coating on the face of the fabric to increase tear strength and UV resistance.
- Floor is nylon taffeta with a 10,000mm waterproof polyurethane coating.
- Tent body is nylon ripstop breathable and polyester mesh.
- The material uses a unique pigment dye coloring process that resists fading and increases UV resistance; extending the longevity of the fabric when used in high altitude conditions.
- All seams taped with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape (No PVC or VOC's)
- DAC Featherlite NSL pole system.
- Ultralight plastic clips attach tent body to pole frame.
- 4-way high-volume hub pole design.
- 10 interior mesh pockets, 2 media pockets & 10 large DAC aluminum J stakes.
- Oversized, reinforced stake out loops - to be used with skis, ice axe, ski poles, etc.
- Gear loft loops included.
- Footprint - sold separately.
- Fast Fly setup available.
- Fits the Triangle, Trapezoid, Large Trapezoid, Wall and Large Wall gear lofts - sold separately.
- Footprint - sold separately.
|Weight (Min)||2.49 kg|
|Weight (Packed)||2.8 kg|
|Packed Size||20 x 51cm|
|Fabric (Outer)||Silicone treated nylon rip-stop with 1200mm waterproof polyurethane coating|
|Fabric (Floor)||Nylon taffeta with a 10,000mm waterproof PU coating|
|Inner Fabric||Nylon ripstop breathable and polyester mesh|
|Poles||DAC Featherlite NSL pole system|
|Pegs||10 large DAC aluminum J stakes|