Add your review
AARN WATER WIZARD WATERPROOF MULTIPURPOSE JACKET
- WaterWizard provides total protection from rain, snow and wind for both you, your shorts, and your Aarn Bodypack.
- WaterWizard replaces both your rain parka and your pack cover. It is hard to find a long parka and a pack cover combination that is as light.
- WaterWizard is placed on the pack as a pack-cover. When needed the jacket is pulled out and put on as needed without removing your pack.
- WaterWizard is not underneath your backpack’s shoulder straps, sternum strap or hip belt, so air can circulate freely. The large pit zips and the front zip function efficiently to give outstanding ventilation. Adjustment of the zips allows excellent management of body temperature while hiking.
- WaterWizard is a one-piece pack cover-parka combination, so rain cannot run down between your pack and your back and seep into your pack.
- WaterWizard protects your shoulder straps and hip belt from the rain. You no longer have to endure cold wet pack straps the morning after a rainy day.
- WaterWizard has arms that are cut long to allow outstanding freedom of movement. The hood will also follow head movement easily while maintaining good vision, and it can be cinched up closely leaving just a slit for the eyes in driving rain, sleet or snow.
- WaterWizard allows you to partially undo the front zip to access gear in the front Balance Pockets. By facing away from the rain, you can access contents without water entry. What other garment and carrying system allows this?
- WaterWizard is highly versatile. If using your pack without the Balance Pockets, the pocket covers on the garment fold and snap flat against your chest to prevent flapping in the wind. The pack cover has a series of snaps allowing you to reduce the volume for smaller packs. The pack cover can also be snapped flat against your back so you can use the garment by itself - useful when you are setting up camp in the rain with the pack off.
- WaterWizard has side running zips from the armpit to the bottom of the garment. This allows you to remove your bodypack without taking the garment off - very handy if you need to remove your tent from the pack in the rain. If needed, this feature also allows you to put the garment on after you have put on your bodypack.
- WaterWizard size selection is according to your backlength, short or long (see https://www.aarnpacks.com/prod1). The sleeve closures and drawstrings allow you to cinch WaterWizard to your size. The pack cover drawstring and different snap up options allow WaterWizard to be adjusted to fit the full range of pack sizes, from our largest down to daypack size.
- WaterWizard is an effective emergency shelter. You can sit with your knees in the front pocket covers and bum in the bottom of the pack cover for total weather protection.
- WaterWizard folds into its own pocket for storage or for use as a pillow.